Scroll to Top


By Didi Kashemwa / Published on Wednesday, 11 Oct 2017 11:19 AM / No Comments / 253 views

Kenyan hit maker Nameless,  made headlines a week ago following him cancelling his Ugandan gig after a sudden illness that had him hospitalized. The singer who finally got discharged and is recuperating from home, is thankful to be alive. He took it to social media where he opened up as to what had, had him admitted in hospital.

He shared a picture of him in a hospital bed alongside his youngest daughter Nyakio, and further revealed the terrible ordeal he went through the past few days. He wrote;


“Lovely visits from my galz would always lift my spirits… I have finally been discharged from hospital and now I am recovering well at home. I want to thank you all for your prayers and concern..It’s important to clarify some details of what took me to hospital in the first place. Three weeks ago towards the end of a PRISK board meeting I was overcome by an extremely painful headache and neck pains.

I knew this was not just any kind of headache and knew something was wrong because the pain was escalating at a very high rate. Thank God for my fellow directors Daddy Owen and Nonini who quickly dashed me to nearest hospital.. I did a CT scan and was diagnosed with a life threatening situation called subarachnoid hemorrhage. This means some small blood vessels in the brain had ruptured and blood had leaked into the area between the brain and tissue and that was what was causing the intense headache.

After a few more tests my doctor realized that fortunately my condition didn’t need surgery. What I needed was to be closely monitored in HDU and given the right medication to allow the leaked blood to dissolve , the ruptured vessels to heal and the pain to be controlled .

After about 2 weeks I was sent to the ward for a few more days of monitoring and pain management. I then did some MRI test that showed that there was no more leaked blood in the brain and that I could be discharge with some medication. Doc however advises me not to do any strainous works or air travel for some weeks until I am fully recovered. So that is why I have had to cancel all my October shows including Churchill in showground this passed weekend and a US mini tour that was going to happen from 20th October till November 4th.

For me I am just thankful to be alive and well .This whole experience has made me see life in a whole new perspective. Thank you again for your prayers and best wishes. For now let me take it easy and follow doctors orders…#GodLovesMe.”

Facebook Comments

Leave a Reply